As a parent do you feel overwhelmed and exasperated?
Do you long to regain a sense of calm and control?
I can help you.
I work with parents who feel:
- stressed, and find it hard to cope and manage
- confused, unclear, and lost as far as what to do
- frustrated, irritable, easily annoyed and agitated
- worried and are deeply concerned about their children and their children’s future
- hopeless, helpless, and powerless
- trapped in unpleasant, unhealthy, and adversarial reactions and interactions [“dances”] with their children
I consult with parents who:
- long to create and sustain a positive climate in their home
- desire to dance gracefully with their children without stepping on each other’s toes
- wish to optimize their parenting
In our sessions I listen genuinely and fully to your concerns, to your needs, and to what is troubling and bothering you. I help create a safe, caring, and nurturing space that allows you to feel supported and comfortable. When meeting with you I provide an accepting and nonjudgmental environment where we work together to help you.
Children of parents who come to me suffer from…
- ADHD/ADD Attention Deficit Disorder with or without Hyperactivity
- concentration and focusing struggles
- continuous fighting with their siblings
- physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse
- food and body image issues
- “temper tantrum-ing”
- low self-esteem
- Anger and explosive outbursts
- rude and disrespectful behaviour
- excessive worrying
- nervousness and restlessness
- abuse – emotional, physical, and/or verbal
- being out of control
Through one-on-one sessions or groups sessions, I assist you to:
- learn skills to parent more effectively
- practise these tools in our sessions and apply them in your home
- learn how to be on the same “team” and same “side” as your child
- discover what is nourishing for your child
- regain a sense of balance and calmness in your home
- feel more hopeful
- be more accepting of yourself and your child
- enhance the way you relate to your child/ren
- be better able to truly listen to and hear your child/ren
- feel close to your child/ren
When consulting with parents I work within a specific framework that I call Conscious Parenting. Within this approach I am able to give you effective tools, skills, and a unique corresponding underlying attitude to assist and guide you to better cope with, relate to, and respond to your children.